Halaman

    Social Items

Ironman Triathlon Some Diet Ideas

Training schemes come in dozens of shapes and sizes . It will just make you crazy! Trying to figure out what to eat and what not to eat . Especially when you start making serious training and you're hungry when you get home . Well the good news is that I have tried almost all major projects in recent years ( and some not so great ) and can cut much of the guesswork out for you. And no, I have a degree in nutrition. I graduated in the kitchen and at the table .

In the early years most of us Ironman beginners had no idea about diets . Most of us have used the famous beloved seafood diet . You see food and eat it .


Seriously, after a few years , he began to realize how much food was in training for such physical demands Ironman event . I think I can honestly say that I had something good in all the diets I've tried. Well, almost .


A few years ago , I tried a diet for 4 months had maintained that there was a lot of protein and low carbo . Against my better judgment, but only to see what happened , I gave it a try.


After four months of this diet , I joined a 10km race , and shortly after the gun went off (oh , about 5-6 seconds ) , I knew I was in trouble. I had more energy and 100-10 km races , I went through the years, this was my worst moment ( for the moment) .I think I can say with certainty that an endurance athlete should not go into a protein , a diet high in carbohydrate high- fat, low ! You can work for a segment of the population, but certainly not for everyone .


From all the reading I've done, and all the diets I've tried , I'm 100 % sure that carbohydrates are the key to the ideal diet Ironman triathlon . I'm not talking about simple carbohydrates . I really try to avoid sugar ... stay away from these cakes and cookies , ice cream and chocolate. For the year or if you are engaged in the realization of their Ironman dream , stay focused on your diet. Believe me , it is all much more fun to laugh when it's over .


In any case, I went too far on the scale of carbohydrates. It was a big part of my diet. Not for everyone . Make sure that in percentage terms than carbohydrates are always higher than the intake of protein and fat. Try to keep the protein and fat on the same percentages . 

 Some of the best sources of carbohydrates include pasta , brown rice , wholemeal bread, almost all vegetables and a controlled amount of fruit because they have a lot of sugar .

 I thought if I made a big mistake . I've always used white pasta and ate tons of potatoes, because I knew they were one of the purest forms of carbohydrates. To my surprise , a few years ago , my doctor said my bad cholesterol is too high. After talking to my diet that reduced too high glycemic carbohydrates . White pasta I ate every day and all the potatoes . So now I always use whole wheat pasta and cut the potatoes and replace them with sweet potatoes. Problem solved .

For the protein has several options to prefer . Egg whites are awesome. Yellow to give your neighbor who is the other plan. Or have scrambled eggs with 3 egg whites and one whole egg. Limit 3 or 4 whole eggs per week . The dairy aisle paris are the best low-fat cottage cheese , plain yogurt (not fruit ) and skim milk. Since the entry of meat ( if you eat meat) chicken and turkey white meat (yes , take this skin and that's where most of the fat is stored ) , and a small amount of lean beef such once , but no more than twice a week. Of course, the fish is simply an excellent choice. There is nothing wrong with canned tuna or salmon . Do not foget to legumes and soy products is a staple of many Ironman triathletes now .


The fat part of your diet are often found in proteins we eat. There will be fat cottage cheese and turkey or chicken or beef you can eat . There will be fat in 3 or 4 whole eggs you eat each week if desired . There will be a small amount of fat in skim milk . Fish also provide some fat , and I know it's expensive , but the salmon is great for protein and fat (oil Omega ) . Oil and I preferred to use for years is Vigin olive oil . That is until I found coconut oil. 


 Now I use both. A less expensive option is canola oil . Try the vinegar, olive oil and coconut oil in your salad tossed with cottage cheese and cover . A good example of complex carbohydrates , good fats and protein.

Some notes : condiments ( ketchup , mustard , mayonnaise , salad dressings , etc. ) should be used sparingly . Cheddar cheese is good, but try to stick to 6-8 ounces per week . The best cheeses are hard cheeses. The number one choice is parmesean ( grated ) for your pasta. Do not use jam .. too much sugar .. I really , really like peanut butter and is well in controlled amounts if you buy the real thing, which has a half inch of oil on top and a pain to mix ( but good! That mean its good) . DO NOT use peanut butter sugar mixed in it and no oil on top . They add the icing sugar so they can do it without problems for you and you do not have to mix at home.


As for his choice of beverages , use skim milk as I mentioned above . Do not be afraid of aspartame . It is a much better choice than sugar and allows you to use sweeteners in your coffee, etc. So that means you can drink diet soda occasionally ( with aspartame) Another good option is a Crystal Lite ( also use aspartame) if you prefer a more soft water ( like me). And who said that drinking 6 0r 8 glasses of water a day , has to be a joke. I have GAG until all the water every day.


I discovered that what you eat is really a long way in determining thirst is and the amount of water you drink . I believe that if you eat an extraordinary amount of carbohydrates like me who need less water. Remember, fresh vegetables, for example, are about 75 to 80% of water. And I have a big salad every day. Beer or wine isitself in extreme moderation . Maybe three drinks per week and drinking light beer . Getting drunk is not a good idea when you're in a training regimen Ironman triathlon . This causes dehydration and almost ruined his training coming days .


SOME IMPORTANT NOTES: Do not get me wrong . When you are on long walks and has two hours also be very sure you have plenty of water or any fluid replacement . Do not go crazy in drinking water during training though. More and more information comes in athletes who drink too much water and rinse too many nutrients and cause physical problems as a result. ( Hyponatremia )Also: For the amount you eat.


You are training for an Ironman triathlon . When I say diet , I do not mean how much you eat . I'm talking about the foods you choose to eat . Believe me . One day, if you opt for a swim workout followed closely by a mile cycling 50 or 60 , you'll be hungry . Do not worry about how much you eat . When you really are training , your body will tell you how much you need to eat . I like to call my " brain center . "


I "never" is measured , or worry about how much I eat when I'm in training. I'm 145-150 pounds and eat tons ! I know everyone has a different metabolism , but still, you know very well when you've had a hard day of training. Eating accordingly.


In many sports, not just triathlon , athletes train religiously for months and not realize its full potential due to a poor diet.